What is an Intensivist?
- A board-certified physician who is additionally certified in the subspecialty of critical care medicine.
- A physician who is board-certified in emergency medicine and who has completed a critical care fellowship.
- A physician who is board-certified in medicine, pulmonary medicine, anesthesiology, pediatrics, or surgery who has completed training prior to subspecialty certification and who has provided at least six weeks of full-time ICU care annually since 1987 (hfma.org).
ICC Healthcare (Intensive Care Consortium) has extensive experience in recruiting, training, developing and managing programs that exceed the criteria necessary for Leapfrog compliance.
Results: Improving Care, Reducing Costs
- ICCsm Intensivist Programs improve patient care and quality issues in the ICU.
- Reduce unnecessary admissions
- Reduce length of stay
- Result in high patient satisfaction
ICCsm has proved that all parties benefit – the patient, physician, and hospital.